Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Meet & Greet

Hello!
What a pleasure it was to meet all of the students and parents! I am ecstatic to be working at WJES- I spent a half year teaching kindergarten at Elk Creek elementary after completing my student teaching in 3rd grade. I have spent the last 6 of 8 years working in 5th grade at Mortensen Elementary- with one year working at our Jeffco Ed Center, and my last year working with sixth graders. I have experience in both primary and intermediate grades. Additionally, I have a good understanding of where students begin their elementary experience and where they need to be as they transition to the next level of their education career- middle school. I am a tech person- I've had math clubs & tech clubs in the past and look forward to offering the same for our students WJES. Last year, we spent time in our algebra unit working with robots and coding- so much so that I had to purchase a second "Sparki" robot due to enthusiasm.

The following information is posted on my "About me" page on my website: Mr. McGuire is a 4/5th grade teacher in Conifer, Colorado. I am passionate about life-long learning – as my grandmother told me, “learn to do many things.” I followed her advice! I’ve worked as an office furniture installer, Project Manager (in a family business), Carpenter, Web Developer, Electrician, Volunteer Firefighter, and now a teacher. Teaching is by far the best and most enjoyable job I’ve done. I do not consider it a job but rather my vocation.

Mr. M's website

No comments:

Post a Comment